It’s selling season around here! If you are thinking about selling a home, it may be the ideal time to do so. It is key to make the decision to move when there is the best chance at getting your home sold quickly and at a fair price.
Is Now the Time?
Everyone’s situation is a little different. If you are selling in a traditional manner, for example, you might be interested to know that in January, the median price for homes in the DC Metro area grew about 10 percent from the previous year. That’s the highest median price on record for the area for this month.
If you are in a financial position that presents some challenges or if you own a home that needs a lot of TLC, you may be considering talking with an investor about ways to sell your house fast and save yourself the hassle of repairs.
Either way, sales continue to be strong, meaning this may be an early season for home buyers coming into the area.
How to Sell with Success
If you are thinking about selling now, there are a few key things to know to help you make the most out of the experience.
- Work closely with an investor or your realtor to ensure you’re getting appropriate value. If you are going the traditional route of listing your property with a realtor, you may have to invest a bit more into your home for upgrades and ensuring it’s in spotless. Small changes could make a huge difference. If you are selling directly to an investor you will not need to fix or clean the property, but you should put together a comprehensive list of everything that needs repair.
- Price your home competitively. While the market could change in the coming weeks, it is likely that you will need a price point that is going to attract buyers based on situation, location and demand within that area.
- Be ready to move. This is still a competitive market. That means that to sell your home fast, you need to be ready to make the move to your next home. The sooner you can move yourself, the more likely you are to find a buyer that’s willing to work with you.
- Be flexible. Today’s buyers are still worried about COVID risks and some want a virtual showing. Some need to move fast themselves and may want to see your house right away. Make sure to give potential buyers flexibility.
- Single-family homes are selling the fastest among listed properties and are under contract in just 15 days, as of January. Investors in non-listed properties are typically able to close within two weeks. That means no matter what position you are in, you need to be ready to make decisions.
The good news is you don’t have to do this alone. If you are thinking about selling we encourage you to reach out to us today to learn how to be ready.